Friday, September 7, 2012

Greece Sept 7

Wow what a long day.  It's 2130,  Friday night, so 1130 Pacific time.  Basically been up since yesterday morning, so my eyes are trying like heck to slam shut, but I'm fighting it.   We're in Chania, just got back from dinner on the waterfront.  A rather BAD dinner of all deep fried seafood.  I ate only the potatoes and bread.  Wandered back to our hotel room through some incredible cute winding streets filled with vendors and restaurants.  We'll do lots more exploring tomorrow.  This is quite the busy city.  Greeks stay up late, or so we're told.  Dinner isn't until 10pm or so.  We picked up a bottle of wine on our way back to the room and we're sitting on our private marble balcony with a seaview and with table and chairs drinking a glass of wine and watching the busy street below.  They like to honk their horns a lot here, but not the long blast, just short polite beeps.  It's pretty warm out, with some humidity.

Back to the marble, There's lots of used in construction here.  As we were flying in a huge marble quarry was pointed out to me.  Huge marble quarry.  Adds class to the buildings and etc.

We had a few hours to kill between flights, so we took metro to Athens city center, had lunch and came back in time to catch our flight to Crete.  I don't remember much of the flight, I was asleep before wheels up, woke for a beverage (water) and back asleep until the plane jarred down in Chania.  About an hour flight.  We then took a very fancy city bus into Chania, found our hotel room, checked it out, then off to explore and have some bad dinner, oh, did I already say that.

There's some condos for sale over looking the waterfront.  Could it be a new place to live?  A very charming waterfront. 

Still haven't figured out how to upload pictures!!

This is not a bad hotel, it's a good thing the AC doesn't work too well,because there are only sheets on the beds....OMG.


All for now,

Liz



Life is Good

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good time so far! When the jet lag wears off it will get better. I remember the Greek coastline as beautiful. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete